Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Foddrill Ends Silence About Corruption

John Foddrill,Sr. has decided to stop following a piece of advice from his lawyer and resume speaking out against perceived corruption in Texas, particularly in the San Antonio metropolitan area.

Recent allegations of police indiscretions and other potentially suspicious activities urged John to break his self-imposed media-blackout. Foddrill has a federal civil rights case pending due to a 45-month restraining order that prevented him from conducting routine business most private citizens conduct. This included things such as managing water and power bills or seeking an appointment with a city council representative. Due to the pending case, John's lawyers advised him, at first, not to speak about his case with the media. They eventually expanded the advice to include all communications with the media regarding any suspicions of state, county, or city level corruption. Foddrill followed that advice for several weeks.

After an incident involving a San Antonio police officer, while on duty, allegedly raping a 19 year old, conservative radio personality Doc Green contacted Foddrill through his wife. "Wy wife said 'Doc wants you to call him.'. Doc is a friend, so I called. Next thing I know, Doc said 'Hello, John, you are on the air."

Next, an incident at the University of the Incarnate Word put Foddrill over his limit. he could be silent no longer. An unarmed college student was shot dead by university police. The suspect activity that prompted the shooting was reported as "driving erratically".

John emailed several of his contacts in the media claiming he has more documentation and information to include responses to his own Freedom of Information Act requests. The data is updated  data and information that indicates potential allegations of continuing corruption and cover-ups being done by such noted public officials and politicians as State Senator Leticia Van de Putte, who is running for Lt. Gov., her "running mate" Sen. Wendy Davis, Bexar County DA Susan Reed, SAPD Chief William McManus, and Mayor Julian Castro.

"I want to work with each one of you to expose the lawlessness inside our City, our County, our State and our Nation. I want to talk about the two federal lawsuits filed by Michael Cuellar and myself and all the underlying criminal activity involving tens of millions of dollars, public safety failures, public corruption, perjury, falsification of government docs, lies told to federal investigators, the illegal bans, terrorist threats, theft, bond fraud, grant fraud, etc.

"I want to talk about the ongoing criminal conspiracy by Bexar County DA Susan Reed, SAPD Chief William McManus and city / County officials to conceal the criminal activity putting lives at risk. I want to talk about the 45 months of illegal meetings violating the Texas Open Meeting Act that Bexar County DA Susan Reed refuses to prosecute thus continuing her efforts to protect corrupt officials in Bexar County and San Antonio, TX as she has done for numerous years.

"I can't stand the thought of having another innocent person raped or murdered on my watch. I can't stand by when families are torn apart by our corrupt cops and politicians."

Foddrill was the director or telecommunications for the city of San Antonio several years ago. His career came to an abrupt end when he discovered a fund within his department that was originally intended to consolidate all the official city telephone bills to one account. "The variable," as it was nicknamed, was set up as a revolving account that later increased to $500k. Foddrill found that the account had little oversight and was used to finance no-bid contracts and other activities. This obfuscated transparency and allowed for questionable spending without oversight or accountability, in Foddrill's assessment. He spoke out and was terminated.

Among the accounts and funds Foddrill was partially responsible for was the 9-1-1 emergency response communications account. While John still held his position, the city received state and federal funding to improve the system. At the time, some response times were greater than 10 minutes. Now, according to some sources, the response time averages near 8 minutes (7:45) for fire response. That is a marked improvement. However, there are still reported cases of a 9-1-1 operator not answering the call, letting it ring for over 10 minutes. That skews reported response times, adding vital minutes to the response times when seconds count.