Emerson Processing opened their latest "Global Innovation Center" in Round Rock, Texas. Governor Rick Perry attended the opening.
Texas's success in expanding business, industry, opportunity and technology continues to grow despite a sluggish national economy. The latest announcement was the opening of Emerson's newest campus in Round Rock.
The Round Rock center is the company's third such center to open in recent years, and is among one of their largest. The campus is three stories tall, approximately 280,000 square feet, and cost just under $70 Million. It is designated to be Emerson's new global headquarters for automated processing systems. This marks the second headquarters of a major world-wide international corporation to move to Texas within the past month. HID Global, made a similar announcement a few weeks ago.
This is the fourth major hub Emerson houses in Texas. The other three are in Houston, Missouri City, and McKinney.
Of the opening, Gov. Perry remarked:
"Today, Emerson officially opens another chapter in its growing story as a technological leader, working with other employers throughout the state and around the world to improve entire industries. The growth and success of companies like Emerson bolster Texas' reputation as a state where people can dream big, and make those big dreams happen. That's because in Texas we believe employers of all sizes need the freedom to make the most of the opportunities before them."Emerson Processing develops, tests, and markets technology used in many industries from waste management to water treatment to energy solutions. The Round Rock facilities list multiple planned functions:
- A technology and product design and support center, providing engineering and development for the DeltaV™ digital automation system and DeltaV SIS Safety System.
- An Integrated Operations (iOps) Center where customers can explore new ways of managing remote operations and of enabling easier collaboration by experts located anywhere in the world.
- The Emerson Process Management Human Centered Design Institute, an industry leading consulting and engineering practice that drives usability based design into all products Emerson Process Management designs and manufacturers, is also based in Austin. By designing products that are easier to use, customers gain improved worker effectiveness and lower the requirements for specialized knowledge in their workforce.
- A world-class interoperability and testing lab in which Emerson tests both its own products as well as competitors’ to ensure safe, reliable and robust operation.
- The Life Sciences Industry Center provides consulting, engineering and project management expertise to support pharmaceutical and biotechnology customers.
- Educational Services where more than 2,500 customer personnel gain product, technology, and operational skills on the latest technologies.
- Lastly, the company’s Project Management Office (PMO) aligns and integrates the company’s best practices, processes, systems and metrics for global project execution.
Jim Nyquest, Emerson's president of Process Systems and Solutions remarked:
“No other facility in the world can do what our new Emerson Innovation Center can do. We have the brightest minds in the industry developing world class automation technologies and collaborating with customers to imagine, plan and execute their vision of future operations to deliver breakthrough performance.
Emerson's main corporate headquarters remains based in St. Louis, Missouri. Their subsidiary brands include: PlantWeb(TM) , Syncade(TM) , DeltaV(TM), Fisher(R) , Bettis(TM) , Micro Motion(R) , Rosemount(R) , Daniel(TM) , Ovation(TM) and AMS Suite.
Pictures of the new state of the art Round Rock campus are available here (Operations Center) and here (Entrance/Exterior).